Taxes due tomorrow!

Just a reminder that your individual tax return is due tomorrow. If you need more time to file you can file form 4868. Here’s the catch: an extension does not give you additional time to pay. It only gives you additional time to file. If you think you owe taxes, this extension is not going to help you.

If you need more time to pay, there are a lot of options out there. The IRS have a special page set up with all the information you need. Make sure you act if you owe money. Do not wait for the IRS to track you down. By asking for an installment agreement, you can cut your penalties and move toward paying off your debt.

Are your taxes filed? I’ll be submitting mine tomorrow. As a CPA, mine are always the last to be filed.